Sunday, May 29, 2016

Sunday late afternoon

My mom is talking with our neighbor in the dinning room. My dad's cleaning the back patio with a leaf blower. Our cat's sleeping on the rug in the living room right in front of me. Orange light is coming through the cream-curtained windows like morning fog. I'm watching "Flip or Flop" on HGTV. They're walking through a house that has its windows boarded up because they share a wall with an illegal addition in back. I'm two weeks out from finishing the quarter. I care about a woman who recently broke up with her boyfriend. I'm a month away from traveling to China. I'm getting immunizations on Thursday. I finished my volunteer tutoring last, last Wednesday. I have a paid tutoring job on Tuesdays and Fridays. I bought Uncharted and Tetris on Friday. My car needs new tires. It's also leaking oil. My Pilot G-2 broke yesterday: it's nib dislodged and what was left behind cut into the paper. I wrote a poem about her family, and she said she liked it. My dad walked in and changed the channel to a soccer game in Spanish. My sister's iPhone is on the edge of the couch to my right. Our neighbor is so lonely ever since her husband passed away 15 (or was it?) years ago. She's crying now and talking with my dad about cookies. I'm wearing my pajamas. I put my phone into my pocket just in case she texts - but why would she? I wrote a poem in the computer lab last night about that guy I knew who died four years ago. Has it really been four years? I think its more like two years. It feels so long since anything has happened - so much has happened, is going to happen. My sister has got a text.

What do I like about myself?
Do I love myself?
Am I okay?
Why do I feel abandoned?
Why do I care about her but feel so scared to be with her?
Maybe we're not so compatible.
Maybe it'll never happen.
I should be okay with that, but I'm not yet.

She said she's going bar hopping somewhere in San Jose, gonna stop by Big Sur, meet up with her cousin in San Francisco. Our neighbor's daughter has invited people to a Fourth of July party at her mother's house. "It's not her house yet," she says in Spanish. Her daughter, her husband, and their three kids live with her. "It's not hers."

No comments:

Post a Comment

catalog of august 2020

 Unemployed, depressed(?) heat wave dehydrated Dreams from My Father birds d&d anxiety geri getting us a light cover front neighbors guy...