Monday, January 10, 2011

This is about the Simpsons

This entry is about The Simpsons.

I was watching the Simpsons while eating a peanut butter and jelly sandwich with milk today. I love this show. It's absolute wit, genius, and entertainment in half an hour. It was the one where Springfield enforces it's 200-year-old prohibition law. Even though it's 13-years-old, the episode still holds up for it's brilliant jokes and tight story structure.

As I sat in my desk chair, munching on my sandwich and drinking a warm glass of milk, I couldn't help but feel nostalgic. I grew up on the Simpsons; I acquired my comedic chops from these characters. And today, as I watched them, the same as they were over a decade ago, I realized that the jokes, writing, and stories never change--only I do. And I think there's something to be said about that.

2 comments:

  1. i love the simpsons, too. esp the episodes that conan wrote. "A leprechaun visits my crib at night. He told me to burn things" I still laugh at that.

    ReplyDelete

catalog of august 2020

 Unemployed, depressed(?) heat wave dehydrated Dreams from My Father birds d&d anxiety geri getting us a light cover front neighbors guy...